When you have to comment on a student's attitude and efforts
within the classroom, it can become difficult to clearly assess
their progress. With report card comments, you need to ensure
they clearly point out any problems that need to be addressed,
as well as highlighting improvements and strengths. Below are
fifty report card comments that will help you correctly assess
your student's attitude and effort concerning schoolwork.
1. While this student has shown improvement in their attitude
towards school assignments, he or she is not showing constant
changes. He or she will need to obtain guidance throughout the
remainder of the school year from both home and school.
2. _____'s grades are a direct reflection on their attitude towards
school and schoolwork. There is room for improvement with their
overall attitude and dedication to school.
3. When _____ applies him/herself to their schoolwork, their
overall work is improved. However, this student needs to focus
more on getting work done in the time allotted.
4. Even though there have been decent improvements within his
or her attitude, _____ needs to be reminded of their attitude,
and is frequently asked to be more respectful.
5. You child is showing great improvements in group activities,
and he or she is eager to learn.
6. ____'s attitude is improving and he or she is always happy
to participate in class discussions.
7. While _____ attitude is acceptable, he or she needs to put
more effort into their daily schoolwork.
8. This grade is a direct reflection of _____'s work ethic. He
or she does not complete in-class assignments, and could do much
better in class if he or she further applied themselves to their
9. _____ has a great attitude towards school and schoolwork,
and is always helpful to other students.
10. Your child is the classroom leader, and is always willing
to help out other classmates when needed.
11. _____ has been having difficulty listening during class,
and he or she is often distracted when working on class assignments.
12. _____ is extremely enthusiastic when it comes to participating
in class, and it is always a pleasure to have him or her take
part in discussions.
13. _____ responds well to direction, and quickly applies this
correction to their work and social habits.
14. _____ has a good attitude towards work, and always hands
in assignments on time. However, this student is shy when it comes
to classroom discussions.
15. This student has plenty of personality, and it always first
to raise their hands to answer a question.
16. _____ is respectful to the other students, and takes turn
17. _____ has a sense of humor that is quite enjoyable in the
18. _____ is often tired at school and is caught taking naps
during quiet times of the day.
19. Your child is extremely pleasant to have around and very
friendly to everyone in the class.
20. _____ is a thoughtful student, and respects the opinions
21. _____ has a good work ethic, however, he or she has a problem
talking during inappropriate times.
22. Your child is very confident in their school abilities and
also exemplifies excellent manners.
23. This student's disposition is very pleasant, and all of the
other students enjoy spending time with him or her.
24. ____ was shy at first; however, he or she is quickly gaining
self-confidence within the classroom.
25. Your child is learning how to be a better listener, and
takes direction very well.
26. _____ consistently occupies his or her time with constructive
27. _____ was having problems sharing; however, he or she is
learning how to share their belongings as well as listening to
28. Your child is very helpful around the classroom and is also
29. This student has made improvements in his or her _____ skills.
30. _____ is showing consistent improvement with their attitude
and effort in the classroom.
31. Your child is eager to learn, and is quick to improve in
areas that are lacking.
32. In order to help your child with their work ethic, I suggest
spending time with them each night going over their homework.
33. _____ is very anxious to please his or her teacher and classmates.
34. Your child makes friends very easily and is getting along
with nearly every classmate in his or her room.
35. This student works very well in group settings and is always
contributing to the group.
36. _____'s attitude is excellent, and it is a joy to have him
or her in the classroom.
37. Your child is showing a mature vocabulary, and is eager to
learn new words.
38. This student needs a better stand on responsibility in the
39. Your child has great organizational skills.
40. This student takes his or her academic studies very seriously,
and is excelling within the class.
41. If _____ is going to improve their grade, he or she will
need to improve their attitude towards schoolwork and other classmates.
42. _____ can follow directly extremely well, and is extremely
self-sufficient within the classroom.
43. In the beginning of this reporting period, ____ was far behind
the class, however, he or she has improved their efforts in the
classroom and is now performing greatly in all subjects.
44. _____ works very hard for his or her grades, and is constantly
asking questions on how to improve their work.
45. Your child is learning how to become a better listener as
well as learning how to cooperate with other student effectively.
46. _____ has shown great potential with their efforts, however,
I would like to see them more focused on completing their school
47. Your child is an extremely motivated student, and is always
applying his or her highest effort into all of their classroom
48. _____ has shown improvements with their attitude towards
school, however, he or she still needs to focus more within the
49. This student excels in classroom work, but has a problem
with excessive talking.
50. _____ does not follow directions and is frequently disobeying